Daniel Negreanu: “Now Possible To Reach $100m In Poker Winnings”

Daniel Negreanu: “Now Possible To Reach $100m In Poker Winnings” July 18, 2018 July 18, 2018 Carolyn J Dawson https://www.poker-online.com/author/carolyn
Posted on  Jul 18, 2018 | Updated on  Jul 18, 2018 by Carolyn J Dawson

The 80/20 Pareto principle can be applied to the game of poker where 80 percent of the field struggle to win and be successful poker players while the other 20 percent end up winning consistently and make a great living playing poker. The majority of poker players who struggle tend to put it down to bad luck while the successful poker players believe it is strategy and mental toughness than enable them to be winners.

Daniel Negreanu is considered as one of the best poker players to have ever played the game and is a member of the Poker Hall of Fame. The Canadian poker pro has so far amassed $39,656,197 in lifetime tournament earnings and believes it is now possible for poker players to cross the $100 million in lifetime winnings.

There was a time not too long ago when Negreanu was way ahead of the rest of the field in terms of lifetime winnings but that gap has narrowed in the last five years and there are a number of players who are not too far away from surpassing Negreanu. Erik Seidel is in second place with $34,575,437, Justin Bonomo is in third place with $32,979,593, young poker pro Daniel Colman is in fourth $28,925,059 and veteran poker pro Antonio Esfandiari is in fifth place with $27,685,057.

The new breed of young poker pros which include Colman, Bonomo and Fedor Holz have racked up millions in prize money over the past few years and could very soon surpass Negreanu. Bonomo hit the $40 million mark last night as he is playing the Big One for One Drop event at the 2018 WSOP and has made it to the final table. As the winner of the Big One for One Drop he will walk away with $10 million in prize money.

Poker Central

High Stake Events Makes $100 Million Achievable

The Big One for One Drop tournament and the WSOP Main Event are some of the highest events in the world and it is such events that has made it possible for poker players to become very wealthy in a short period of time.

In a statement, Negreanu said

When I first started playing tournaments we were playing $100, $300 buy-ins. There was like one $10,000 buy-in. There weren't any tournaments bigger than that

Negreanu knows that he will have to win some of these high stake events if he is going to maintain his regain his lead on the All Time Money list.

Carolyn J Dawson is a professional freelance poker writer. She specialises writing content about poker/ bingo / blackjack/ etc. as well as breaking poker news. Carolyn has been freelancing for us over a number of years and writes high quality articles. Visit her google + page here